An Exceptional Place
1 hour from Nice
A historical place in Provence
The country of Glandève has been inhabited since protohistory. It keeps a Celto‐Ligurian site on the lower Gourdan plateau, at 800 meters above sea level.
In the Middle Ages, the family of Glandèves borrowed the name of the land and built the castle of which only the foundations remain.
During the French revolution, the last bishop of Glandève had installed his summer residence there after having built a chapel (1753) on the remains of an older chapel.